Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Life at the Pachs
My goal for this school year was to be organized and too keep up with all the things I planned to study. I am thinking that eventually I will learn that things do not go as planned and there is a lot to be learned along the way. We started the year out rough with me getting over mono and settling in from our move. The house was all situated with room for regular life and schooling. This waas a feat in itself as the house we are renting is smaller then the houses we have had for 9 years and we needed to find a spot to school a 3 elementary aged kids and two preschoolers. But thanks to my must be organized personality it was all looking good. We are doing classical conversations this year along with a couple other classes for the older kids to fill in where the twins take over. We missed the first week from momma feeling horrible and we sure the next week was going to be better. Week two we were schedule. Everyone attended classes and completed all their work. Week three, well that did not turn out as expected. Last wednesday we were watching s ome kiddos so one of my friends could get some rest afte having a new little one. While the kids were all outside playing amelia came inside and said " momma Walt is not feeling well". My respo naw was for her to tell Walt to come inside. Her response " mom he is laying in the yard outside". The rest is history. It was quite possibly one of the longest three days of my life. Walt had to be rushed to the hospital and then had his appendix taken out. In the rushing out of the house Darcy left his phone at home. So I spent the next three hours wondering what was going on. Frantic does not really capture my state of mind. I was left wondering what people did with our cell phones during emergencies and then was quickly reminded. They prayed. So after much prayer, several long days and surgery we are all safe at home. I feel blessed by the friends who stepped in, watched my little ones, were at the hospital and made us meals. I am now left ithe aftermath with a little one has decided in our busy family being sick does pay off. He got lots of time with dad at the hospital, attention for many people and endless movies. I am thinking he is well on his way to recovery but he is thinking it may take a while longer. Once again I am reminded that the precious little people I my life that can drive me insane at times are just that a blessing. It was so neat to see them take care of Walt, and pray for him. Overall I realized that these kids may give me fits but when it comes down to it they are learning the things that really make a difference. My in laws were gracious to come visit us. They brought the perfect surprises to keep the kids busy-matchbox cars, play dough, hello kitty scrapbook and tons of old stamps for the boys to sort. The kids were in heaven. Me and Darcy we thankful for the adult conversation, one that did not center around the size of the appendix, how the hospital bed moved etc. So now we are playing catch up. I am thinking that life with five kids is about trying to stay up with the game, I may need to lay aside the idea of getting ahead. Funny things that the kids said while Wlt was gone----Samuel- what exactly do I have to do to get to go to the hospital and stay like walt so me and dad can watch movies all night. Amelia-I think this all happened because Samuel was too rough on the trampoline Ella- continually asked where Walter was as if we had shipped him off and Ben- well Ben was concerned as only Ben can be. He walked around motioning is hands like scissors and saying Walter cut, Walter cut. You can tell he was really concerned about the whole situation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment