Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring is Here!

We are so excited at our house that spring is finally here- we have spent most of the morning outside- Samuel is learning to ride a bike without training wheels.  I am wondering as i watch him ride down the sidewalk- were is the time going? it is flying by- and not stopping at my request.  I know some moms are ready for their children to get older and more  independent- and while it is a true joy to see them change and learn new things there is nothing like the preschool years.  There is something magical about the amount of time that is left to exploring this huge world that God created- being able to stop and watch the ants cross the sidewalk (Amelia's favorite pasttime).  It was hilarious this week as we tried to plan Samuel's birthday - he is 5 on Friday.  I would  ask what type of cake he wanted- his respone "whatever you want to make mom"  Amelia would yell out "barbie cake, pink barbie cake"  it was hilarious.  I asked what did he want for his birthday- "maybe  a new bike helmet"  amelia would yell "barbie helmet"  at this Samuel turned to me and said "Please mom no Barbie stuff"  Amelia just sat shaking all those crazy curls saying "yes barbie, yes Barbie".  

No comments: