Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Beautiful Spring Days






We have had the most gorgeous spring weather the last 2 days!  We decided it was time to start the yard work that would end with us planting the garden.  We went and got all the plants and had a blast with the kids listening to what they thought would be a great idea to grow.  Walt is always up for tomatos- not because he eats them but because he won a ribbon last year at the fair for growing them, Samuel is always into the giant pumpkins or watermelons- what a nut, and Amelia is fond of the funny looking things like chives- she kept saying "so hairy".  I got some great pics of the kids planting in the garden- i will unfortunately have to post those later as i am not sure how to download them- thank God I have a husband who loves computer stuff.  Well today I went to the doctor- it looks like July 31st is the date that our wonderful twins will make their arrival.  It was upon talking to Darcy about this that I realized I have spent most of my time feeling very overwhelmed by the thought of having twins instead of focusing on what a blessing it will be.  I think i listen to much to the random person that says "twins- you are going to be so tired and overwhelmed" I think in motherhood that is a given whether you have one or 10.  There are times when you are tired and overwhelmed and then there are times when you wonder what else would i be doing- for me it was social work.  At the time my career was a wonderful thing- i think God used me in amazing ways in a lot of peoples lives however I will take watching my little curly headed daughter try over and over again to squish ants with her hot pink flip flop any day. Once again God is teaching me what it means to lean on him- when things are not what we expect, when our bodies are tired and most of all when there are some paths we must just go down alone.  In the end the blessing of having a closer relationship with him is always work the struggle and i am hoping by the time this body is old l will learn to lean on God in the beginning.   Psalm 63  O, God you are my God, early will i seek you  My soul thirsts for you,  my flesh longs for you , in a dry and weary land where there is no water....because your loving kindness is better than life My lips shall praise you.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, how exciting that the babies will be here in just a little over 2 months. I know you must be so ready but hopefully it will go by quickly. Please let me know what you need or want for the babies and also if you have any names picked out? Again, we are so excited for you! You are a wonderful mom (I've seen your children, you are!) and I know you will do great with two new little ones. I think you will find that your children will be a great help with the babies. =)You will have to post a picture of the nursery! Well, I hope you are doing well!

Unknown said...

ok, let's start discussing names!! hey, you've got to read Don't make me count to three. it's a fabulous book that goes hand in hand w/ shepherding a child's heart!! love ya sue!

ash