
Yeah we are on the final countdown and Darcy has off the next 3 days which is even better news! Tonight a friend of my had a wonderful baby shower for me. As I brought home a huge stack of diapers, baby wash and bibs I thought that it is going to be crazy around here so quick- well as soon as the kids realized I was home it was as if everyone went into some type of crisis- i walked into a perfectly calm house and within a few minutes 2 of the 3 were in tears- crazy. Darcy was starting to get rattled and i had to remind him to just block out the noise- there are going to be times when we just have to do that because in a few short days we are going to add two crying newborns to the list of noise! Let's just say that my kids have been enjoying summer to its fullest- we have been doing all kinds of projects, time at the pool and just a lot of playing- one thing that I have been avoiding is the park- just too hot and uncomfortable- of course it is the one place that they want to go- so today was the day for going to the park- the only requirement was that we were there before 12. Well we arrive at the park at 10:30 for my kids to basically wonder around and then end up sitting on the swings- they were not even swinging- I pushed them a few times and then they were to tired to even pump- hilarious- i had finally succeeded in wearing out my children!!! haha God continues to teach me so much about him through my struggles as a parent- feeling as though I need to meet all their needs- and that happiness is the goal- I have a very wise friend that reminded me that there are times when are children are not happy but are doing what is right- i have to remind myself to remove myself from the world that its standards and look ahead- that my goal as a parent is to point them to Christ- I am also realizing that I need to let home be a place were my children struggle with things in their life not act as though things are perfect- I also want them to always ask questions- and to have questions there have been many situations lately were God has shown me that we take such little time to look further into things- i at times am just doing what it takes to get by and not going any further! As a christian this world will always be a struggle- something i forget at times!!! Praise the Lord he has overcome the world!!
1 comment:
You are a wise woman. Thanks for your thoughts. So true. By the way, I was thinking that all those diapers will probably only last a couple weeks. Aaaaaahhh!!!
Post a Comment