Monday, August 11, 2008

Boo Hoo

Knock Knock-
Who's there?
Boo
Boo Who
You don't have to cry about it- haha

This is the favorite joke of Amelia- I think she tells it about 100 times a day and each times laughs as if it is possibly the funniest thing she has ever heard- well we are surviving having twins although I am not sure how long we will have sanity in this house as Nana, Papa and Aunt Jen left yesterday- as they drove away I wondered how am I really going to do this- thank goodness little Benjamin is laid back and leaves me more time to deal with Eleanor who came into this world with a few ideas of her own- one of which is that she is totally unable to sleep unless you are holding her- this breaks all of my child rearing principles but with two it is all a matter of survival! The older kids have been amazing- Walt has really stepped up and is acting much older than 7 1/2 - he is really helpful with Samuel and Amelia and they both listen very well to him!  Samuel has decided that these babies are the best thing ever and has a huge grin everytime he walks them!  I love to see how excited they are with their new siblings.  Me and Darcy are struggling through the sleepless nights although i cannot complain as the twins are on the same schedule and usually wake up within 15 minutes of each other (that is a miracle in itself).  My inlaws are braving all the craziness and coming to stay a few days at the week- and then the boys will start school in Monday.  I must say that this summer has gone way too fast- i told myself that once the twins came time would fly and school would start but I was jsut not prepared for them to be going back to school so fast ( for those of you who thought we were homeschooling that was before the twins- haha I am doing good to be able to make breakfast these days) I am going to attempt to find my camera and post some pics- but that might be a few days!  The family is doing great just looking forward to 2:00 (NAPTIME)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There will be plenty of time to homeschool down the road, if you still have the inclinataion. For now, survival (and getting that breakfast made) sounds like a lofty enough goal. And of course, you'll have more time for the all-important baby snuggling. . . So glad the older three are enjoying the babies too. :)

Slim said...

You are amazing! So true about looking forward to naptime, eh? It's the best part of my day, and I don't have twins!!! Having the boys in school will give you more time with Amelia and she'll probably be the "big helper" during that time. It's sad when they go back to school, but also gives other opportunities to the younger one that often just follows along and doesn't get the one on one mommy time so much. I am looking forward to that time with Ryan! Sounds like you've gotten into a routine with those cute babies and you are certainly wonder woman! You make breakfast??? I don't even do that yet :)

Emily said...

I know you all are busy busy busy but thanks for keeping us updated! I love reading all about the daily activities in the Pach home and I read them to Jason and we both just crack up. Love ya!