Saturday, August 2, 2008

He Said/ She Said

He Said:

Well, it’s been a week now and my how busy we’ve been.  Actually, I think Suzanne is always this busy, but I’ve had to step into new roles; short-order cook, dishwasher, dry-cleaner, nurse, taxi drive, quartermaster, judge, and warden, just to name a few.  I’ve had to gain new abilities like picking two babies up at the same time, changing diapers that you need a microscope to see, and somehow managing to actually enjoy the other kids, my wife, and my mother-in-law.  The fun of calling and telling people about how cute the twins are and how much they weighed was over by about the second day and the serious work started immediately.  We’re all going on about 4 or less hours of sleep and humor has finally set in.  I’ve got dishpan hands and have all but outlawed anything but paper plates.  I’m giving myself a new set of dishtowels and a new scrubber when this is all over.  Seriously though, the meals that we are being brought are a moral booster and truly a blessing.  Keep ‘em coming!

I have to say just one more thing about my mother-in-law.  If you don’t a;\already have one like her, you’re missing out and may need to consider trading up for one like her.

She Said:
One week after having the twins and I cannot believe that you could acutaly feel better after a c section then before.  I pass the crib several times a day a peer inside only to still be amazed that there are two babies in there.  I think that it is something I never gave much thought to that it amazes me at every turn.  The last week has been mostly a wonderful experience.  I did not have any moments of baby blues as I am so excited after 38 weeks of pregnancy that they are hear and that I can breath and move again.  I have also never been quite so busy in all my life.  I am nursing both of the babies which seems like a never ending process.  I told mom and Darcy that they will be fired if they do not begin giving the babies their bottles (as we have to supplement some) and burp them and stop just snuggling with them.  The third night into the week- we finally have a system- I nurse the babies, mom gives them the bottles and Darcy changes and burps- we thought that we were doing an amazing job- we started at 11:30pm - i asked " what time is it- we did that so fast?"  Oh yeah it was 2:00 in the morning-haha  needless to say it is still a work in progress- every morning I wake up determined that I have figured out a faster way to accomplish all that needs to be done (not yet really working).  Over all the times have been full of laughter (mainly due we think to lack of sleep) work, diapers, bottles and lots of crafts with the older kids as they are making a large variety of things to enter in the fair next week.  We have been blessed with amazing friends who are bringing us meals for the next couple of weeks.  My mom and husband have been an amazing help- my mom is very sleep deprived- and when this happens she is hilarious- she is spoiling the twins already - I am not really sure how we would have made it without her- it is amazing to see how God has blessed me with the example of a mother who so willingly serves others without ever complaining.    Darcy has begun to experience the constant work there is at home with small children.  He came home from Walmart with the biggest stack of paper plates- he is so tired of unloading the dishwasher- haha  He also has a new understanding of how bath time is the last thing you want to do some evenings.  He has been so gracious to help and also to take care of me and allow me to get the sleep that is needed to recover- with that being said about mom and darcy i will also say that the other night i needed help with the babies as Benjamin was hungry and Eleanor screaming- I went to Darcy and said "can you please help me with Eleanor?"  He said "Am I going to need to get up for that?" and then he rolled over and went to sleep- I then went to wake up my mom and she said " I am going to need at least 5 more minutes"  That is when I realized this is all on me- I had a good laugh as I thought of the huge nap I would take the next day and feel no guilt at all :)

3 comments:

Slim said...

Oh my goodness! You take that nap! You deserve every minute. I am so glad you are laughing and not crying. It sounds like Darcy and your mom are amazing help and that you are surrounded by wonderful friends. You are right that in the end it really is all on you, and you will find that God has made you strong enough to do a woman's work -- even with two babies instead of just one! You are amazing! Keep on keepin' on!

Emily said...

I love the He Said/ She Said post! That one needs to continue! I can only imagine the drama, craziness, fun, and laughter that is going on in the Pach home. I told Darcy the other day I everytime I look at those pictures of those babies I just want to KISS THEM! Believe me if we were close by you would have another body to hold those babies, change diapers, feed and do the burping (the babies not Jason, hehe). We are not sure all that is going to happen since I'm dealing with some rejection but as soon as we can get away we want to head up there! We love you all and are so thankful you and the twins are doing good. Tell the kids hello, and give Ben and Eleanor a kiss for us!

Anonymous said...

What, no time for bloggin'? Are y'all busy or something? Heh, heh. Yeah, I'm a little bit evil with my sarcasm, cause my "baby" of 5 is 2.5 and 36 lbs now. . .Way. Less. Time-consuming. But enjoy those sweet little babies. Life is going to go so quickly at the pace y'all are moving.