Monday, September 29, 2008

5 o'clock blues

I am not sure what happens to me everyday around 5 o clock- but that is the time of day i give up on everything- making dinner, parenting, ever having a clean house, ever having my life back ( oh yeah this is my life- haha)  I have got to find something that will help me and all in my family to recover from the slump that we are in- I think maybe we are all just done with summer and ready for some fall weather to stay around.  I also think that I need to take a power walk around this time- the kids could use some fresh air and the walk would give me that needed energy to get through the night- of all the things that could be wrong I should be thankful the the worst thing going on right now is a bad attitude!!!

4 comments:

Abby said...

It isn't just you! Everyday around that time I just want to lay on the couch, let my kids go wild, and hope that Shane is okay with PB&J for dinner. It is really the time of day that I am the crankiest.

Unknown said...

I'm the same way, Suzanne! I dread that time of day. A walk usually does the trick, but I can't imagine how you'd get out the door with 5 kids - it's enough for me with just one! Looking forward to seeing you at Bible study!

Emily said...

Yes, after a long day with the kids, we just get tired at the end of the day. I never fall asleep during movies but the past few nights Jason and I have been trying to finish a movie we started but I keep falling asleep! It's a great flick "Leatherheads" but I'm doing so much more then I ever have (with new lungs) and I'm just pooped at the end of the day! My hats off to you though, you do an awesome job with your house hold!

I thought you did a great job of trying to get a Sunday, worship time with your family. Those are the good memories they will have. =)

Slim said...

Oh yes, 5-6 pm is called the "arsenic hour." You know when everything falls apart all at once? Glad to hear you are still power walking -- wish we lived closer and I'd walk with you! How big is your stroller???