Sunday, September 28, 2008

Were do you go when you are disobediant?

Well this morning I woke up with the best of intentions to get the kids ready for church with Darcy working today.  As the time quickly went out the window I realized the reality of getting to church with all five children by myself was not going to happen. I told the kids that after a really late breakfast that we would be having our own little church service at home.  I told Walt he could be in charge of music and Samuel in charge of choosing the story that we would read.  Amelia was in charge of saying the prayer.  This included being very thankful for the marshmellows we had made over the fire pit the night before.  Walt got his cd player and had the music ready, Samuel choose the story and we were off- or so I thought-  I handed out paper and told the kids after we read the stories they were to draw a picture of their favorite bible story and then would share it with everyone.  The music section was a bit tricky as Amelia continued to say "I want Jesus loves me" probably over a million times.  Samuel wanted to dance and frustrated that Walt told him he was doing the moves wrong.  At this time I told the kids if the continued to fuss and fight they would be sent to the laundry room for a spanking.  During the reading of the scripture I had to remind the kids about being respectful to me and each other- I asked Samuel "where do you go if you are disobediant?"  He turned and said "Straight to Hell".  I had to burst out laughing and said "I was actually talking about the laundry room"  with that he did his wonderful huge laugh were is dimples show- it broke the tension and we all had a good laugh. At the end of it all three of the kids shared their favorite story and I was one proud mama as the stories were done very well and they were also able to tell what God was trying to teach us!  Hurrah for teaching your children at home and them actually learning in the midst of chaos!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! . . .Sounds like a great weekend. :)