Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Life's Greatest Moments
This morning was a school morning just like the rest in so many ways- but yet so different! WE are always rushed on school mornings as I am not a morning person and neither are my children. They think that school should start after lunch- as that is when you are really ready for all of that learning stuff. This morning I drug myself our of bed and tried to get a jump start- only to find a sink full of dishes, forgotten lunch boxes not filled and no milk for breakfast- you may be wondering if I am falling apart- no that is just how things go when Darcy works four nights in a row- he works all night sleeps all day and I am determined to do anything to keep from taking all 5 kids to the grocery store. Well we made it through all the craziness- thank you God for coffee!! We were sitting at the table reading our bible- we have an amazing children's bible that covers the whole bible (egermeire's children's bible) and is supposed to take a year to go through- although I am not sure who came up with that time frame! So we are still plodding ahead on year two of our bible stories- anyway we come to the story of Nicodemus and being born again- this sparks some neat conversation and then my dear Samuel says "well I think today is the day that I give my heart to Jesus". Now the boys have been given all kinds of info from us, grandparents an amazing AWANA program- so I feel he knows what a child at this age can understand. There is no better moment then when you know they grasp the understanding of sin, forgiveness and the need of a savior. Unfortunately Samuel inherited his mothers impulsive nature so learning that there is sin and forgiveness has been learned already!! But today it was such a sweet moment- a moment of surrender to there being a higher purpose for his life- a decision to be what God wants him to be- now my prayer will be that he continues to have that conviction throughout his life. Sweet moments as a mother that make all the craziness and just plain hard work worth every moment! And I must not forget to add what excitement Walt had for his little brother- he said "now we will always be together". Precious!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay Sam!!!! What a huge praise Suzanne! That is awesome! Tell Sam that Mr. Matt and I are excited that he is now our brother in Christ!
Love, Marie
Oh how wonderful! Those are the moments that melt your heart and are so thankful to have them home so you can experience those special times.
I'm with you though about the morning thing, I WISH I was a morning person. I could get so much done if I just got up earlier but oh well, you just do what you can do. =)
Post a Comment