Thursday, January 21, 2010

My dear friend Emily

As my dear friend Emily continues her struggle against CF- my heart is broken that such a woman of the Lord would have to suffer through so much pain and heartache. We are praying for you Emily that your strength will be restored- that you will be able to take a full breath and run and chase Faith around that beautiful new house. As so many questions arise when someone you love is sick- it is always good to be reminded of how faithful God is even through the pain- i love the As Long as You are Glorified- it reminds me how God is ever present in the times of sunshine and the times of rain. We praise you father that you hold Emily in the palm of your hand. We are thankful for the blessing that her life is to so many people- for the cheerful spirit in the midst of the storm. For I count it a blessing to be in the presence of such a saint!! We cheer you on Emily and pray without ceasing for you, Jason and Faith and we know that through your life God is glorified!


As Long as You Are Glorified


By Mark Altrogge

As recorded on Come Weary Saints

Lyrics

Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings
Yet not welcome any pain
Shall I thank You for days of sunshine
Yet grumble in days of rain
Shall I love You in times of plenty
Then leave You in days of drought
Shall I trust when I reap a harvest
But when winter winds blow, then doubt

Oh let Your will be done in me
In Your love I will abide
Oh I long for nothing else as long
As You are glorified

Are You good only when I prosper
And true only when I’m filled
Are You King only when I’m carefree
And God only when I’m well
You are good when I’m poor and needy
You are true when I’m parched and dry
You still reign in the deepest valley
You’re still God in the darkest night

No comments: