Thursday, January 21, 2010

Moving to Charlotte

Right when I think that I am about to get a schedule down- the world goes and changes the blueprints on me. Isn't that how it goes- i am reminded of when Walt was little and I had jsut finished potty training him and I called my mom to tell her and I said "i am sure glad one of the big struggles is over" I remember how she just laughed- it did not take me that long to realize that it was just a stepping stone to bigger and different things. I am learning to take every day as it comes with it's blessing and struggles and that the Lord for all the things he places in my life. For some reason I have this idea that if I work hard there will be a day right around the corner where I get to stop and take a breath and rest- not that I do not rest some- i am a huge fan of naps- I just mean the rest when there is nothing that is calling you- no laundry, dishes, personal commitments- just a really free day- I realize that those are the things that college days are made of- a time when you have freedom and a little money- but not yet the work and heartache that comes with adulthood. I must say I feel that I have been stretched in a million and one ways over the past several years. We have moved,lost a nephew to SIDS, had twins, watched a dear friend struggle with CF and now we are moving. Through all these stages there have been different times of growth and struggle, Through all these things God continues to pull me closer to him and has made me realize that we do not always see the big picture. It is funny how when you are younger you think you understand faith- it is amazing to have to put that faith into action when it goes agianst what you want for yourself or someone else. So now we head into another season of change. And it is no surprise to God that it comes as I am doing the bible study Experiencing God. It is about God always remaining the same and how we see him. It has made me realize that I sometimes put God in a very small box and forget his power, mercy and grace. Sometimes I just want results. So here I go on another small step of faith. One where I will trust that he has a plan, that there will be christian people to love on my children and more importantly that God has a plan to us me so that others can see his glory. It is amazing how many ways you can be stretched until you realize that you are doing nothing in your own power but all through him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the move! That will put you closer to "home," won't it?