When we left Burlington we went to Athens to stay with some dear friends Ashlie and Eric. Ashlie has been one of the best friends I have ever had- and I hope that one day God will have it in the cards for us to live close to each other again. They are truely 2 of the most lovely people that I know. They have an amazing family with 4 kids and it was great to see all the kids running and playing together- we took them to the pool and they had a great time- although Ashlie's middle child can do back dives and flips of the diving board- opened a whole new world up for the boys- we lived in the pool when we were little and did crazy things like back dives off the board- but somehow now that I am the mother I am not up for all the danger- haha so now the boys have had their eyes opened to the fun of a diving board and life will never be the same. The twins did really well and slept through the night- always a plus when being away from home! We were able to stay up late enjoy good conversations, great beer and I think it has been several years since I have laughed so hard. I was quickly reminded why college was such a blast. Overall I am still praying that God will have us back in Athens and even went so far as to go ahead and help out a little and find the perfect house::))
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Athens
When we left Burlington we went to Athens to stay with some dear friends Ashlie and Eric. Ashlie has been one of the best friends I have ever had- and I hope that one day God will have it in the cards for us to live close to each other again. They are truely 2 of the most lovely people that I know. They have an amazing family with 4 kids and it was great to see all the kids running and playing together- we took them to the pool and they had a great time- although Ashlie's middle child can do back dives and flips of the diving board- opened a whole new world up for the boys- we lived in the pool when we were little and did crazy things like back dives off the board- but somehow now that I am the mother I am not up for all the danger- haha so now the boys have had their eyes opened to the fun of a diving board and life will never be the same. The twins did really well and slept through the night- always a plus when being away from home! We were able to stay up late enjoy good conversations, great beer and I think it has been several years since I have laughed so hard. I was quickly reminded why college was such a blast. Overall I am still praying that God will have us back in Athens and even went so far as to go ahead and help out a little and find the perfect house::))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment