I am going to step back in time a few months because when I downloaded my camera I realized that there were so many things that I took pictures of and never blogged about them or got the pictures printed- my goal is to do much better with pictures- the kids all love to look at them as it is wonderful the memories that flood back with a good picture. The boys swam this year for the YMCA swim team from October till April- this is perhaps the longest commitment we have made to any sport- as the boys practiced 4 days a week- they loved swim team- learned a lot and made some great friends. I was amazed to see how much the boys changed as swimmers from the first few weeks were they were struggling swimming a few laps till the end of the season when they could swim for 45 minutes without getting tired. I am hoping that we will find a team in North Carolina that is as great as the one we are leaving behind. The boys were able to swim at the state swim meet this year- Darcy and the boys got up early in the morning to make the 3 hour drive to the meet- and then swam and returned home that evening- seeing as the twins are still quite a handful me and Amelia got to watch the boys from the video camera!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Swim Team
I am going to step back in time a few months because when I downloaded my camera I realized that there were so many things that I took pictures of and never blogged about them or got the pictures printed- my goal is to do much better with pictures- the kids all love to look at them as it is wonderful the memories that flood back with a good picture. The boys swam this year for the YMCA swim team from October till April- this is perhaps the longest commitment we have made to any sport- as the boys practiced 4 days a week- they loved swim team- learned a lot and made some great friends. I was amazed to see how much the boys changed as swimmers from the first few weeks were they were struggling swimming a few laps till the end of the season when they could swim for 45 minutes without getting tired. I am hoping that we will find a team in North Carolina that is as great as the one we are leaving behind. The boys were able to swim at the state swim meet this year- Darcy and the boys got up early in the morning to make the 3 hour drive to the meet- and then swam and returned home that evening- seeing as the twins are still quite a handful me and Amelia got to watch the boys from the video camera!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment