Monday, July 12, 2010

This Old House

So I took a lot of pictures of our new house today and the kids with the intention of posting them online-but of course that would mean that I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for the camera cord to put them on the blog- totally thought that i would have some extra time in the day to do just that-I am realizing my limitations lately and just getting all the kids to bed without losing my mind seems to be a huge task. So my husband found me the house of my dreams- but somehow my dreams did not have all the little problems i am facing in them. Overall I think that the little things are irritating me because I do not want to admit to myself that I really miss Kentucky and my friends and that this is so much work! Well to start with I made a resolution that I was not going to eat out so much- especially fast food- so i went to the grocery store and bought a lot of healthy great food- only to find that my oven does not work which canceled out several of my dinner ideas. Next Benjamin is looking more and more like he has the measles due to the fact that the mosquitos totally love him- none of the other kids are being eaten alive quite like he is-- next today go to load the dishwasher and cannot get the stupid thing open-= in the middle of my ranting about this "dumb old house" and how nothing is going like it is supposed to Amelia reminds me that this is not really a bad thing because now I do not have to do the dishes- man do I love that little one!! Overall things have gone much better than I expected- the kids have adjusted- everyone is sleeping through the night and playing hard all day- the boys are climbing trees, playing with their new kittens and loving the freedome having land provides- Benjamin and Ella think that it is hilarious to try every door in the house until they find one that is unlocking and frees them to the outside world. Amelia however is like her momma and loves to be outside but not hot- at naptime today she said " I would love to be back home where I did not feel sticky all the time" I hear you sister! Well I must rely on the fact that God has a plan for me and I do not know what it is- all I can say is I feel very fortunate to have some many wonderful friends that are making plans to come see us! My wonderful sister is going to bring my nieces to come see me this weekend as I am a huge chicken and do not want to stay alone while Darcy works nights (praying this will be his last run of nights) So North Carolina is beautiful, the people are friendly, and I am living in the old house of my dreams- I think it just takes a while to feel at home and settle in- I am reminded daily of how gracious God has been to me and that this is not our home forever it is merely a stopping through point- and I have work to do, people to meet and the gospel to share!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Suzanne - so good to "hear" from you through your blog! I have thought about you a lot lately. Please post pictures of your house soon - I'm dying to see it. Hope you're doing well. Miss you!