Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Random Lady at the Park

To the Random Lady at the park- It was such a highlight of my day to see you at the park with your perfectly dressed child with ironed sersucker one piece outfit and perfectly matching crocs. While you looked down your nose at me and said "nice choice of shoes" to Benjamin (fireman rain boots- i believe the perfect choice for 90 degree weather and the park and then asked me if I knew Ella shoes did not match ( one black croc and one very sparkly/ glittery white shoes) As if there was anyway to get out of the house without noticing that- Well little did this lady know that today it was a blessing to be at the park with my children-it was an absolute delight to let them wear whatever shoes they wanted knowing we were going to a little park in NC where we whole time sweating and hoping NOt to meet new people. I am sure the lady that had decided clothes were the most important things has not had to look at life from the perspective of losing someone in a while. Today I found out that a dear friend is struggling again with Luekimeia and is once again spending everyday just hoping to get some relief from the way she feels- I on the other hand wake up healthy and energetic (most days) and have endless possibilites of what I may do with my kids that day- today I was hit with the amount of time I spend doing things that in all reality really make no difference on anything- so today I decided to be thankful for the time I have with my kids, the crazy conversation I had with Amelia on the way to the park where she had to whisper random words that she did not want others to hear, that I forgot and put Benjamin to bed before Ella and that does not work because they are like an old married couple and he must see that she is in bed before he will settle into his own room, listened to Samuel tell me about how he built his pillow fort and why he did so like he did (did not realize so much went into a pillow fort), and Walt told me all the wonderful aspects of the book he was reading and listen to them all laugh so hard at Tom and Jerry. I thank God for every moment I have but realize that there are times that I simply forget the blessings in the work of having a family- blessing in teaching your kids random things even when it takes 5 tries. So today I smiled sweetly at the overly tan woman who felt the need to make comments on my little ones- I pray that she will let her little one get dirty and lay in the grass and stare up at the sky to just ponder things- I pray her little one will learn to depend on God and not mans approval- and as for my kids- I was just glad they were laughing and playing and knew where there shoes were- huge accomplishment for us---

3 comments:

Millerfamilychronicles said...

Way to go! Don't let the crazy neurotic people get to ya! :) Matching is entirely overrated!! Love you!

Ashlie Johnson said...

Did that mommy have only 1 child? Crazy....but what a beautiful way to end your post. I did laugh out loud at the "tan" remark. Glad we got to talk today. I was up until 2 getting everything ready for today. Sure wish you lived down the street and your kids could walk down and be part of our co-op!

Unknown said...

Loved the post. Loved it. Thanks for the perspective.